Friday, 30 July 2010

On Beirut and babies...


Having a sinfully good cup of cappuccino in our office (hotel)...my friend on facebook comments on my status about Paolo Nutini and Beirut coming with concerts to Ireland. I mention that I’m ready to rob a bank to see them. Tribal fusion dancers have a special love for Beirut music – it’s incredibly danceable, as if created for our style.


Polly: “I’d rob the bank for them too…Say hi to the lead singer…and also tell him I want his babies.”

Then after some thought.

“Or tell him to come to Moscow again. Last time he was over I was too little and didn’t know he plays the best f**en music in the world.”

The thought of my heavily tattooed punky bellydancer friend wanting babies from Zach Condon really makes me smile.
They do play great music though...
Just like Paolo Nutini...

Hmmm..he would probably make pretty babies too :)





This song always reminds me of our holidays in Nice, France and a few people I met there.



Candy (album lyrics)

I was perched outside in the pouring rain
Trying to make myself a sail
Then I'll float to you my darlin'
With the evening on my tail
Although not the most honest means of travel
It gets me there nonetheless
I'm a heartless man at worst, babe
And a helpless one at best

Darling I'll bathe your skin
I'll even wash your clothes
Just give me some candy
Before I go

Oh, darling I'll kiss your eyes
And lay you down on your rug
Just give me some candy
After my hug

Oh, and I’m often found explaining
But to her it plays out all the same
and although I’m left defeated
It gets held against my name
I know you got plenty to offer baby
But I guess I've taken quite enough
well I’m some stain there on your bedsheet
You're my diamond in the rough

Darling I'll bathe your skin
I'll even wash your clothes
Just give me some candy
before i go

Oh, darling I'll kiss your eyes
And lay you down on your rug
Just give me some candy
After my hug

i know that there're writings on the wall
But darling I'll bathe your skin
I'll even wash your clothes
Just give me some candy
After my hug

I'll be there waiting for you
I'll be there waiting for you

All the cut throats and their jagged ends-
all of them have got me waiting and waiting
All the cheap and suggary philosophies
have got me on the fence just waiting and waiting
All the Angels and their halo's all of them
have got me waiting and waiting

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for choosing "Travelnews, we gladly reciprocated with your interesting and original blog

    hug a loved one,

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete