Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Vampire Notes

- Hey, how come you don't sparkle? 

- Because I live in the real world where vampires burn in the sun. 

(Vampire Diaries)

After courageously surviving a small and non-painful surgery on my head (no, not lobotomy) I granted myself a present of a new sketchbook and a vampire calendar, which keeps surprising me with some amazing quotes and insight into vampire daily life. One boring evening after produced a short poem (probably a result of the head surgery too).

Glendalough cemetery 

                                      ***                                       
Stones of the castle.
Who will? – I told you.
Snow on the village.
Who will I tell?

Cold and unraveled
I will be waiting,
Waiting for your bells
Cold and undead.

Through your dark hair
I will be watching
Over your shoulder,
Notice and wait

Till your pale fingers
Turn into white snow,
Till your light footsteps
Turn into stones.

Snow on the village.
Who will be telling?
Stones of the castle.
Who will be told?

No comments:

Post a Comment