Friday, 10 June 2011

Women, Time and One Room

I was reading a story once (can't remember what it was exactly) that had those three poems after some of the chapters...around the same time I discovered a Spanish singer Bebe and watched the "Room in Rome"by Julio Medem. It just created a particular mood, maybe not something I can express in words exactly but worth sharing anyway.
Oh, yeah, and I love women with nice shoulders wearing white vests :)


Ani Difranco
“Pulse”

And I realized that night
That the hall light
Which seemed so bright when you turned it on is nothing
Compared to the dawn
Which is nothing
Compared to the light which seeps
From me while you’re sleeping
Cocooned in my room
Beautiful and grotesque
Resting
The night we got kicked out of two bars
And laughed our way home
I thought:
I would offer you my pulse
I would give you my breath
I would offer you my pulse

Ani Di Franco















Louise Gluck
“Mutable Earth”


I had nothing
And I was still changed.
Like a costume, my numbness
Was taken away. Then
Hunger was added.


W. H. Auden
“As I Walked Out One Evening”


...But all the clock in the city
Began to whirr and chime
‘O let no Time deceive you,
You cannot conquer Time.
In the burrows or the Nightmare
Where justice naked is
Time watches form the shadows
And coughs when you would kiss...





2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this, 3 of my favorite people. Gluck blows me away, and now I must go search for the rest of Auden's poem. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, glad you liked. the rest of his poem isn't as gripping, this one bit just fit so well with the rest of the stuff. check out the film :)

    ReplyDelete